05 Nov IT Support Engineer
Our client, a fast-growing, well-established IT Managed Service provider, are looking for an IT Technician to join their team. The company works with different customers within the education and business sectors. Their objective is to provide flexible services that will relieve customers from the stress of IT operations.
Location: Fareham, Prestigious Independent school
The primary function of the Managed Services Department is to provide 1st & 2nd line telephone, remote & on-site support services to the company’s client base.
- To provide technical support to the school’s ICT systems
- Ensure that equipment is installed & ready for use by staff & pupils, e.g. PCs, laptops, projectors, AV equipment, printers, devices in correct VLANs etc.
- Ensure IT related services & security systems are working, up to date and ready for use by staff and pupils, for example, e.g. School applications, Parent Portals, CCTV, User Permissions and Access, Filtering, Anti-Virus alerts, Websites/Intranet, BYOD, MDM, Back-Ups etc
- Troubleshoot, resolve or escalate onsite issues with all relevant information
- Reimaging devices, finding missing or updated drivers where required
- Restoring Data as required
- Hardware repair and replacement. From component level to complete device
- Ensure monitoring alerts are investigated and where required logged on the Helpdesk
- Liaise with third party software and service providers where required
- Utilise the Helpdesk System provided to manage all tickets and requests
- Communicate with School Staff and appointed Virtual Network Manager
- Maintain customer IT records
SO, WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Knowledge & experience on Microsoft Office, Desktop Operating Systems, & Troubleshooting
- Someone who is committed to providing high-quality customer service & is willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent communication skills
- UK driving license & own car
All successful applications will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This is a fantastic chance for you to get your career progression. Apply now!
About GreatFind Recruitment
We specialise on IT Channel recruitment, especially in the education sector. We work on different job level vacancies from graduate jobs to 3rd line Technicians, and in various departments including IT, sales and marketing, and operations.
We’ve worked in the IT channel for nearly 20 years. We deliver a consultative, personal service to our candidates and clients, and we won’t rest until everyone is happy.