21 Sep Service Desk Manager
Join this leading school in North West London as their new Service Desk Manager! We are looking for a natural-born problem solver to take on this role and help this school with all technical issues across its site. The salary for this opportunity is up to £40,000. Apply today!
Benefits 26 days annual leave plus Xmas shutdown and bank holiday, 10% pension contribution, Working hours – 8 to 4 pm, Free lunches.
In this position, you will be providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to students, teachers and all school staff across the premises. In addition to this, you will also be mentoring and supporting junior team members and assisting with escalated issues.
- Supporting Service Desk-logged issues and providing support for more advanced problems.
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the ICT Service Desk, accurately recording user requests in the service desk system and allocating tickets where appropriate.
- Performing tasks related to the maintenance and upgrade of software applications and promoting the use of ICT throughout the school, both educationally and administratively.
- Responsible for maintaining and administering Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365 services, including Microsoft Teams.
- Assess, diagnose, and resolve computer-related day-to-day problems promptly.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar role in a school environment.
- Relevant degree or qualifications.
- Experience in managing and running an ICT Service Desk.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Active Directory users and computers, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Desktop, Server, mobile device hardware/software, Microsoft & Apple desktops, operating systems, applications and cloud technologies.
- Good working knowledge of identifying, locating and resolving user problems.
- Experience managing network switching.
- Maintaining, upgrading, and administering Wi-Fi networks - desirable.
- Highly organised.
- Problem solver.
- Analytically minded.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.