09 Nov Service Desk Engineer
We are recruiting a Service Desk Engineer for a leading managed service provider in the education sector! Could this be you? This is a permanent position in the South West London Area with an excellent salary of up to £28,000! Apply today!
Responsible for managing the day-to-day essentials of a service desk and collaborating with other engineers to ensure fast and reliable ticket resolution. As directed by the management, you will also provide support and maintenance to client sites, maintaining the company's excellent reputation.
- Provide hardware, software, and peripheral support for workstations and ICT equipment.
- Offering first- and second-line technical support to customers, mostly remotely, but also on-site when required.
- Configure email accounts and manage network-wide settings.
- Maintaining, updating, and supporting various ICT networks.
- Keep management informed about client requests for supplies and products.
- Create system-specific projects with open-source software.
- Install new PCs & other equipment as necessary.
- Provide support to school administrators and users regarding the school's IT systems.
- The installation, configuration and maintenance of antivirus software.
- Experience working in a similar IT Support environment with a school or educational setting.
- Working knowledge of MDMs: MS Intune, Meraki device manager, Jamf School, Apple School Manager.
- Excellent understanding of Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019, Active Directory, GPO, DHCP, DNS, Win10 / Win 11 / Mac OSX / iOS, Google Workspace for Education, Microsoft 365, Azure, Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi.
- Experienced in network communications and network switching hardware - diagnosing faults, configuring switches, and designing topologies efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem solver.
- Highly Organised.
- Analytically minded.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.