19 Dec Senior IT Technician
Are you passionate about IT Support and want to be part of a fast-growing technology business with endless opportunities? We are searching for a Senior IT Technician to take the following steps in their career by working with a leading UK education service provider within a full-time independent school environment position. This role is based in Godalming, Surrey and has an excellent salary of up to £35,000 plus amazing benefits!
Benefits include free lunch daily, Use of leisure facilities for you and your family, school fee discount, constant professional development and more!
Your duties will include providing IT support to students, teachers and school support staff whilst maintaining the school’s IT systems, including but not limited to servers, network and WiFi, end-user devices, and cloud-hosted systems.
- Providing IT support to students, teachers and support staff via the help desk ticket system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, implement effective fixes, and maintain the school's IT network.
- Upgrading existing applications and installing new software.
- Developing, installing, configuring, securing, and administering users and devices.
- Management and maintenance of hardware peripherals.
- Carrying out testing and troubleshooting on IT devices across the school.
- Checking for viruses, malfunctions, and errors in IT systems and networks.
- When necessary, escalate technical problems to third parties so that permanent and quick solutions can be found.
- Responding to tickets and technical queries in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in an IT support role, preferably within a school environment.
- Relevant qualification within IT - Highly desirable.
- A strong understanding of Windows Server administration (Azure, 365, Windows Server).
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Friendly manner.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.