13 Apr Senior IT Technician
We are on the hunt for a Senior IT Technician to join an outstanding school in the Bromley area. You will need to be highly technical and have experience working within a school environment. Depending on your experience the salary can go up to £35,000!
Benefits - Gym Membership, Pension Scheme, Continuous Professional Development and more.
You will be responsible for providing technical support to students, teachers and support staff across the school in person, over the phone and online. Your role will be to lead the local IT support team in providing a highly responsive user support service tailored to the individuals' and collective needs.
- Support and maintain all IT hardware and software resources.
- Oversee the provision of all IT equipment and services at the school, aiming to ensure high availability and outstanding performance.
- Providing regular reports to the Senior Leadership Team on the effectiveness of systems and the age of devices will facilitate the planning for system refreshes.
- Implementing all policies and procedures relating to security, backup, disaster recovery, and acceptable use.
- Provide recruitment and training assistance to new IT employees.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring systems for backing up, validating, and restoring data.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain the school network, ensuring that it operates efficiently and effectively, anticipating and resolving any potential problems.
- Responsible for procuring and managing IT equipment, cables, software, and consumables in accordance with the financial policy and guidelines.
- Make suggestions on how the IT within the school can be improved by gathering feedback from all departments.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Past employment working within an IT Support similar role. (School or MAT environment based)
- Relevant Technical qualification.
- Technical experience with Microsoft cloud technologies, including Office 365.
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
- Excellent knowledge of - VMWare, Hyper-V, Windows Desktop Deployments and Active Directory and more.
- Team Player.
- Managerial Skills.
- Passion for IT.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.