20 Sep Senior IT Engineer
Join this leading school in Southampton as their new Senior IT Engineer! You must be highly technical and have experience working in school environments for this position. The salary for this role is up to £32,000 plus benefits, including free lunches and 25 days of annual leave.
The primary responsibility of this job is to ensure that all IT equipment, software, and network connectivity are maintained, serviced, cleaned, and connected, as well as to maintain good working relationships with all staff and pupils.
- Installing all ICT hardware and software in the school.
- Create and maintain effective technical documentation in collaboration with the IT Team.
- Providing network maintenance, including domain controllers, databases, and file and print servers.
- Assist the senior IT Team with IT issues and trends in IT support and development.
- Research and order IT hardware, software, and consumables.
- Responsible for maintaining and administering Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365 services, including Microsoft Teams.
- Setting up IT and audio-visual equipment for assemblies, meetings and school events.
- Assess, diagnose, and resolve computer-related day-to-day problems promptly.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar senior IT role within a school environment.
- Relevant degree or qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Active Directory users and computers, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Desktop, Server, mobile device hardware/software, Microsoft & Apple desktops, operating systems, applications and cloud technologies.
- Good working knowledge of identifying, locating and resolving user problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Problem solver.
- Analytically minded.
- Attention to detail.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.