19 Jul Senior IT Engineer
Join this leading school in North London as their new Senior IT Engineer! You must be highly technical and have experience working in school environments for this position. The salary for this opportunity is from £35,000 - £37,000, depending on your experience, plus great benefits including 40 days of holiday, including bank holidays/school shutdown days, free lunch, an excellent pension scheme and lots more! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Apply today!
You will provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT support for hardware and software, system administration, and practical tasks in support of the IT operation and will be the first point of escalation for complex technical challenges faced by the IT Support Team to students, teachers and all school staff across the premises. In addition to this, you will also be mentoring and supporting junior team members and assisting with escalated issues.
- Supporting Service Desk-logged issues and providing first-line support for more advanced problems.
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the ICT Service Desk, accurately recording user requests in the service desk system and allocating tickets where appropriate.
- Create and maintain effective technical documentation in collaboration with the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Assist the senior IT Team with IT issues and trends in IT support and development.
- Research and order IT hardware, software, and consumables.
- Responsible for maintaining and administering Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365 services, including Microsoft Teams.
- Setting up IT and audio-visual equipment for assemblies, meetings and school events.
- Regularly update the school's software library, including OS deployment images.
- Assess, diagnose, and resolve computer-related day-to-day problems promptly.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar senior IT role within a school environment.
- Relevant degree or qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Active Directory users and computers, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Desktop, Server, mobile device hardware/software, Microsoft & Apple desktops, operating systems, applications and cloud technologies.
- Strong experience working with cloud-based software.
- Good working knowledge of identifying, locating and resolving user problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Problem solver.
- Analytically minded.
- Attention to detail.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.