17 Nov Senior ICT Technician
As the Senior ICT Technician, you will be responsible for the delivery of IT services for our client, and will receive support from IT Service Managers. This role offers excellent opportunities for progression. Our client is in an exciting period of development, and now is a fantastic time to join the team.
The role is full time, and offers a very competitive salary in a dynamic working environment. The successful candidate will need to work well independently and as part of a wider-team. You will need to be flexible, good at problem solving, and be able to deliver high-quality IT services.
The team you will be part of has a broad skillset and the benefit of a supportive management team. As a whole, the team will be focused on delivering efficient technology and working methods as part of a strategic plan. You will have opportunities to lead and develop a team of technical staff as well as develop your own skill set through training and development programmes.
The successful candidate may occasionally need to work evenings and weekends, and your working hours will need to be adaptable to fit around the needs of our client. Sometimes, you may need to travel locally. The role offers 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, shopping and restaurant vouchers, and childcare vouchers.
- Help manage the IT service operations of our client, to support teaching and learning, business and administrative functions.
- Help the IT Service Manage to create monthly IT reports, and create your own monthly reports when required.
- Manage certain IT technicians within your charge.
- Oversee the distribution of audio-visual systems for our client, ensuring good performance and availability where needed.
- Look at ongoing provision and take into account our client’s requirements, new technologies and budget.
- Meet all SLA measures for the IT service for our client.
- Under the direction of the IT Service Manager, implement all policies and procedures for security, backup, recovering and usage.
- With the IT Service Manager, help manage the service desk and deployment of IT staff.
- Manage the workload and performance of IT staff.
- Encourage and assist the CPD of all members of the IT team.
- Provide second line support when needed, including performing diagnosis procedures on hardware, peripherals and talking to third parties.
- Support all staff, students and visitors as requested by our client.
- Look after the support, maintenance, and development of all software resources, and keep records of all software, including licence details and renewal information.
- Look after the support, maintenance and development of all IT hardware, and keep an accurate hardware asset register.
- Maintain efficient backup procedures.
- Monitor and maintain the security of IT systems, including anti-virus software, on a daily basis.
- Manage switches, routers, and Wide Area Network links.
- Install servers and upgrade the network operating system when needed.
- Monitor internet filtering systems, and manage remote IT access.
- Support any and all third party systems.
- Represent our client at events when needed, and understand the ethos of our client.
- Undertake any other duties within the scope of your role, as required by our client.
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- At least 2 years experience in an Education environment.
- Relevant technical qualifications on Windows Server and Windows Desktop Environments.
- Excellent diagnostic and technical troubleshooting skills.
Good experience in:
- Windows Server environments including hypervisor deployments in both Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Active Directory.
- Windows Desktop deployments.
- Good knowledge of basic IT packages including Office, Outlook and Windows.
- Good knowledge of how IT is used in teaching and learning.
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent ability to develop good working relationships.
- Adaptable and proactive approach to work and problem solving.
- Work well under pressure and comfortable prioritising workload.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to follow our client’s specific policies and procedures, including safeguarding, confidentiality, and data protection (among others) and report any concerns when needed.
- Ability to produce high-quality documentation, and to follow our client’s current style for all documentation.
- Happy to undertake training when needed and help manage your own performance.
- Comfortable helping and guiding other IT staff, and working using own initiative.
- Active interest in CPD and a demonstrable plan for keeping up to date with new developments in technology.
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Previous examples of further professional development and training.
- MCSE technical qualifications (or equivalent).
- CCNA networking qualifications (or any relevant).
- Experience of leading FITS or ITIL service desk operations.
- Technical experience of Microsoft cloud technologies (including Office 365).
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency, at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service and we would be more than happy to chat to you about this role in more detail.