06 Nov Senior BI Analyst
As a lead Business Intelligence Analyst you will work with external customers as well as internal
business functions to determine, shape, lead and deliver compelling business intelligence and
analytics. A fantastic opportunity for the right individual to work for an excellent company and
receive enviable benefits on top of a competitive salary.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Solutions Director, and will be responsive for
leading and directing business intelligence engagements. On top of a competitive salary, you’ll
also receive financial rewards for hitting targets, private pension, holidays that grow 1 day per
year (up to 25 days) and an extra 3 days off between Christmas and New Year.
There are numerous benefits to working with our client. For health and wellbeing, the successful
candidate will receive a free gym or reduced cost access, private healthcare, cycle to work
scheme and onsite massages to relieve stress. You’ll also have the opportunity to take a
volunteering day each year, enjoy a games room, and a free bar on a Friday to socialise with
- The primary responsibility of the role is to:
- Direct, organise and lead BI engagements.
- Design solutions to meeting BI customer (internal and external) needs.
- Deliver BI solutions and advice and guide team members with their delivery.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Microsoft Data Analytics capabilities and
- Support Microsoft pre-sales engagements pertaining to Azure Data Analytics and Power
- Manage and develop BI team members.
Key focus of role:
- Provide internal as well as external support (pre-sales presentations, webinars etc.) to
excite and enthuse sales staff and customers on our ability to help them with Microsoft
- Work with pre-sales teams and internal business stakeholders to evaluate and shape BI
requirements and design appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
- Lead the delivery effort in the analysis, design, build, test and deployment of BI projects.
- Develop whole or key components of BI projects to ensure successful and on time
- Build and manage team development plans to ensure the progression and growth of all
individuals within the team.
- Oversee and ensure achievement of team goals and delivery commitments.
- Contribute to and support the development of Bytes’ Quantum (Azure and 365) analytics
and reporting platform to ensure this continually meets and exceeds customer
- Contribute to and support the development of internal analytics and reporting capabilities
that underpin Bytes’ Cloud Investment Management Service to identify and deliver cost
savings across Azure and 365.
- Stay abreast of Microsoft developments in the BI space and ensure Bytes’ capabilities
are aligned to market needs.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap, capability matrix and learning paths to ensure the
team are in line with Microsoft Bi best practices.
- Support the development of Azure BI related services and capabilities working in
conjunction with stakeholders across Bytes and Microsoft.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject: Maths, IT, Statistics, Data Analytics.
- Microsoft certifications:
- DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI
- DP-100: Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure
- DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data Solution*
- DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution*
- DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
*If you don’t already have these qualifications, they must be achieved within the first 3 months.
- Minimum of five years Microsoft data analytics experience.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft analytics and BI technologies across Azure Data Factory,
Azure Data Lakes, Databricks, Azure Synapse and Power BI.
- Data modelling, cleansing and enrichment skills.
- Key technical skills and experience in:Power BI, Python, Python Azure Library, Pandas,
PowerShell, R, SQL, Jupyter Notebooks.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Azure billing and optimisation strategies
(reservations and hybrid benefits).
- Good knowledge and experience of utilising external data and RESTful API’s.
- Practical knowledge of data analysis and data modelling techniques.
- Good mathematical and statistical skills.
- Good level of Microsoft Excel and Power Pivot skills to facilitate interrogation and
presentation of data.
- Good level and experience of using Azure DevOps.
- Logical,creative, and strategic thinking coupled with focus on the “here-and-now”.
- Ability to build confidence and credibility with stakeholders across the business,
customers and across the channel.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and in an agile manner to achieve desired
- Commercial acumen.
- Team player.
- Problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency, at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our
candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service and we
would be more than happy to chat to you about this role in more detail.