04 Jan Senior IT Technician
Fantastic opportunity to join a leading Independent school as their new Senior IT Technician based in Reading with an attractive salary of up to £31,000! If you have experience providing a school or education institute with second/third-line technical support and are looking for a new career opportunity, this is the role for you!
Benefits Include Access to leisure facilities, school fee reduction, subsidised meals and lots more!
In collaboration with the IT Manager, the new Senior IT Technician will maintain the IT infrastructure and provide students and staff with high technical support.
- Maintaining and supporting IT Systems, ensuring they are functioning and supporting learning correctly.
- Maintaining the security of all IT hardware by regularly updating the software and patching the firmware.
- Oversee the helpdesk system and provide support to users.
- Responsible for overseeing support for all users and resolving issues quickly and efficiently, ensuring tickets are correctly communicated, completed, and resolved within a timely basis via the IT helpdesk.
- The maintenance and repair of physical hardware, as necessary.
- Coordinate with external agencies such as broadband, telephony, print and support services when needed, and monitor remote desktop usage.
- Assist the print management company with fault tickets and accompany attending engineers as necessary.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation related to school IT systems.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar Senior IT Technician role within a school environment.
- Experience working in an IT helpdesk environment.
- Relevant IT qualifications.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft, including Office365, SharePoint, System Center and Server 2012.
- Strong knowledge of school MIS systems.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Leadership Skills
- Passion for IT
- Analytical thinking skills
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.