18 Nov Product Manager – Ed-Tech
Opportunity for a leading Education Technology Software Provider who set their goals on helping students learn in a creative and efficient way. The company is fast growing and is expanding so well that their products are highly penetrated in the UK Educations / Schools market.
They are currently looking for an experienced Product Manager who will be responsible for managing and improving the company's product offering. The company offers an attractive benefits package which includes flexible working hours, Annual bonus scheme, Private health, Subsidised gym membership and 28 days annual leave.
The ideal candidate would have a good understanding of the software development process, be an excellent communicator, and would either have or be able to gain a good understanding of the schools education technology (Ed-Tech) market.
The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of roles including:
- Research the current educational software market, to identify competitors and opportunities.
- Keep on top of product feedback and feature requests and work with the development and education team to prioritise.
- Work with the development teams, both inhouse and external, to transform an identified set of feedback and customer needs into a product plan. This could include wireframes and user stories.
- Organise and facilitate product planning meetings.
- Evaluate development releases to check they adhere to the product plan and that development is on course.
- Gather feedback on development releases from teacher panels and our inhouse educational team. Work with development to prioritise and manage the feedback.
- Project manage new software updates & releases.
- Ensure that all other departments are kept up to date with product developments and that all necessary materials such as marketing and support are ready to ensure smooth releases.
- Ensure support, training, administration & sales teams are fully trained.
- Assist with the product of supporting documentation.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to communicate with multiple parts of the business including development, education, plus sales and marketing.
- A solid understanding of agile software development and the challenges of producing software across multiple devices and platforms,
- Ability to write clear concise user stories.
- Experience with task management tools such as Jira, Pivotal Tracker or Trello.
- Experience with wireframing tools such as Balsamiq is a big plus.
The successful applicant will also be a strong fit within our company and have the ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally. To this end, s/he will need at all times to be:
Beyond this, the successful applicant will also be a strong fit within our company and have the ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally. To this end, s/he will need at all times to be:
- Highly motivated, results-oriented and have a clear focus on customer service
- Positive in outlook with a willingness to support and aid colleagues and customers
- Passionate in offering the best quality of service possible to our customers
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses his or her own performance
- Credible with a professional demeanour, comfortable in dealing with people at all levels
- A team player with strong and empathetic communication skills; having the ability to see things from all people's points of view
- Well-presented, business-like and keen to gain new experiences, responsibilities and accountabilities as the company continues its growth
- Tenacious and proactive, articulate and numerate and able to work both as part of a team and under his or her own initiative.
- In return, you will enjoy excellent working conditions and benefits including health insurance and subsidised gym membership. You will also be given the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of millions of children by working in a passionate and creative team.