28 Jun IT Technician (Contract)
Excellent opportunity to join an independent school as their new IT Technician based in Watford, Hertfordshire. This contract role is perfect for someone who has a background in supplying IT support within an education environment. The school is offering a very competitive day rate for this role! Apply Now!
Providing first and second-line IT support over the phone, online tickets, and in-person to the school's end-users and assisting with the school's software and hardware systems' installation, configuration, and support will be the role's primary responsibilities.
Please note that this is a contract role for the summer holidays up until the end of September.
- Support all school staff and students with first and second-line support via the ticketing system and email/telephone enquiries.
- Escalate problems when necessary.
- Maintenance and support of the school's network and computer equipment daily.
- Keeping all IT documentation up to date.
- Maintaining the school's databases is operating at the highest standard.
- Provide installation, configuration, and support for networked PCs, laptops, and peripheral devices.
- Routinely check and test IT systems to ensure they are working correctly.
- Put forward ideas to improve the functionality of the school's IT systems.
- Ensure that end-user hardware and software solutions are configured, installed, and tested.
- Technical support and set up of event equipment such as projectors, Interactive boards, lights and sound systems - working alongside the AV technician.
- A minimum of two years of experience of IT Support within a school or educational environment.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Experience in support and maintenance of Windows Server, including AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP
- Strong network understanding
- Experience working within a similar role.
- Working knowledge of IT Service desk systems and the handling of incidents
- Experience supporting and maintaining Windows 10 OS, Office 365 and using Audio-Visual equipment.
- Passion for all things IT
- Strong initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to adapt and learn new skills
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.
We are an equal opportunity provider.
Please note that as a result of the high volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to provide individual responses to each application. If you have not received any communication from us within three business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.