06 Aug IT / ICT Technician
A Fantastic opportunity for an experienced 1st /2nd line Support ICT Technician / Engineer, who has work knowledge of Windows, Active Directory, Outlook, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, to join a leading Managed Service Provider who provide IT Support and Services into the Education Sector. With many Schools in and across London, they are now looking for an ICT Technician to support their clients in Wembley area.
The company provide a great training programme where you can complete many well-known technology courses, such as Microsoft and Cisco related certs, plus they give great financial incentives for you completing and passing these certifications, increasing your basic salary by thousands a year potentially.
However they do require to see someone who has already been invested in their own self development, so to be considered for this role, you must hold certifications in either of the following and ideally have updated them in the last two years; CompTIA, (Microsoft) MCSE, MCSA, MCP, (Cisco) CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or equivalent/similar certs. Anyone with Cloud based certs will also highly be considered.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide ICT support, response and resolve any ICT incidents and keep clear record of incidents
- Liaise with Stakeholders externally in the Schools and internally giving any progress reports required
- Plan the spaces to make sure guarantee service are available
- Support the implementation changes and handle customers’ requests during the change process
- Understand the ICT solution and configurations. Identify and suggest areas of improvement
Personal Qualifications and experience:
- Great communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Work experience of 2nd line IT support (ideally 3rd line)
- Education experience, preferably working directly for a School or an MSP who provide services into Schools
- Able to work and solve ICT incident independently
- Work experience on Windows, Server, Active Directory, Outlook, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc
- Well organised and with good problem solving skills
- CompTIA, MCSA /MCP accredited
- Proven continued self-development (this MSP like to see certifications such as Cisco or Microsoft related technology certifications to show your passion in progressing your skill set which they will help you to continue developing)
- Our client is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure check through the Criminal Records Bureau
- £1000 salary increase for each certification gained
- 26 Days annual leave
- Free access to CBT Nuggets Training Portal
- And more!
If you have the required experience in support in the education sector and feel that this type of role (field based, covering a few various Schools in an area) would be suitable for you, then please do not hesitate to apply for immediate consideration.
About GreatFind Recruitment
We specialise on IT Channel recruitment, especially in education sector. We work on different job level vacancies from graduate jobs to 3rd line Technicians, and in various departments including IT, sales and marketing, and operations.
We’ve worked in the IT channel for nearly 20 years. We deliver a consultative, personal service to our candidates and clients, and we won’t rest until everyone is happy.
We are an equal opportunity provider.
Keywords: IT Channel, ICT, Onsite, Windows, Server, Networking, hardware, software, troubleshooting, maintenance, Microsoft certification;