11 Jul IT Technician
Excellent opportunity to join an independent school as their new IT Technician based in Harrow / Watford. This role is perfect for someone who has a background in supplying IT support within an educational environment. The salary for the successful candidate will be between £26,000 and £35,000, depending on experience.
Benefits include Free Lunch, 50% off school fees, free use of the school leisure facilities and lots more!
Providing first and second-line IT support over the phone, online tickets, and in-person to the school's end-users and assisting with the school's software and hardware systems' installation, configuration, and support will be the role's primary responsibilities.
- Support all school staff and students with first and second-line support via the ticketing system and email/telephone enquiries.
- Escalate problems when necessary.
- Maintenance and support of the school's network and computer equipment daily.
- Keeping all IT documentation up to date.
- Maintaining the school's databases is operating at the highest standard.
- Provide installation, configuration, and support for networked PCs, laptops, and peripheral devices.
- Routinely check and test IT systems to ensure they are working correctly.
- Put forward ideas to improve the functionality of the school's IT systems.
- Ensure that end-user hardware and software solutions are configured, installed, and tested.
- Technical support and set up of event equipment such as projectors, Interactive boards, lights and sound systems - working alongside the AV technician.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in an IT support role within a school.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Experience in support and maintenance of Windows Server, including AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP
- Strong network understanding
- Experience working within a similar role.
- Working knowledge of IT Service desk systems and the handling of incidents
- Experience supporting and maintaining Windows 10 OS, Office 365 and using Audio-Visual equipment.
- Passion for all things IT
- Strong initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to adapt and learn new skills
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.