20 Apr IT Technician
Join this leading school in North London as their new IT Technician. You must be highly technical and have experience working in school environments for this position. The salary for this opportunity is up to £30,000, depending on your experience, plus great benefits including 40 days of holiday, including bank holidays/school shutdown days, free lunch, an excellent pension scheme and lots more! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Apply today!
As our client's new IT Technician, you'll provide user support for IT hardware and software, system administration, and practical tasks to maintain smooth IT operations across the school. You'll work independently within your assigned area and collaborate with the IT team to deliver high-quality service to staff, pupils, and the wider school community.
- Being the first point of contact for users requiring technical assistance or experiencing IT issues
- Handling the installation, maintenance, repair, and disposal of various IT hardware, such as computers, telephones, mobile devices, audio-visual equipment, and network devices (under instruction)
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and removing IT software (under instruction) and performing system administration tasks
- Assisting users in optimizing their use of IT hardware and software
- Researching and procuring IT hardware, software, and consumables as needed
- Maintaining an up-to-date record of all IT assets and supporting the IT Support Manager in this task
- Occasionally carrying out manual handling of IT equipment
- Providing expert advice to the IT Support Manager, IT Infrastructure Manager, and Head of IT on specific IT issues and emerging trends in IT support and development
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as directed by the IT Support Manager, Head of IT, Director of Operations, or Head Teacher(s) of the school in which you are employed.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar IT role within a school environment.
- Relevant degree or qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Active Directory users and computers, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Desktop, Server, mobile device hardware/software, Microsoft & Apple desktops, operating systems, applications and cloud technologies.
- Strong experience working with cloud-based software.
- Good working knowledge of identifying, locating and resolving user problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Problem solver.
- Analytically minded.
- Attention to detail.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.