05 Aug IT Technician
Are you an IT Technician looking for a new challenge?
A leading independent school in South West / West London is seeking an IT Technician to join their team. This role has an attractive salary of £26,000, depending on experience.
Benefits Include - Health Cash Plan, Access to Leisure Facilities, Free Lunches and much more!
As a member of the IT team, you will provide IT support for teaching and non-teaching staff and students across the School. In addition, you will be responsible for managing IT support activities and monitoring the service desk.
- To provide technical advice and support to students/staff and provide practical assistance as required.
- Use the service desk system to assign tasks.
- Fix/install A/V equipment.
- Maintain classrooms through the installation of projectors/monitors and laptops.
- Maintain detailed documentation of the hardware, software, and procedures.
- Implementation of SIMS or a successor MIS system when necessary.
- Perform engineering tasks, such as switching, with an understanding of network architecture and VLANs.
- Assure that software/packages are allocated to user workstations effectively.
- Implement changes to various aspects of the IT service as needed.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working as an IT Technician or similar in a school or education-based environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft networks and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledgeable about mobile technology and IT presentation equipment.
- A solid understanding of Active Directory, server/client/network hardware, and networking principles.
- Excellent knowledge of SIMs, Office 365, Azure, Intune and structured cabling and switches.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues.
- Work well under pressure.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.