23 Feb IT Systems Engineer
Our client is a leading technical college in London seeking an experienced IT Systems Engineer to manage and maintain the internal IT network and infrastructure.
As the Senior IT Systems Engineer, you will focus on continuous service improvement and development interventions. You will manage and monitor the installed systems and infrastructure, ensuring the highest level of service availability and quality for students and staff.
The role is in Central London and as the IT Systems Engineer, you will:
- Provide IT support to staff and students, assessing incidents, prioritising work, carrying out technical investigations and repairing equipment.
- Manage and maintain the IT estate, setting up new devices and peripherals, repairing equipment and ensuring the network is safe for staff and students.
- Coach and mentor less experienced IT support staff
You will receive:
- A vibrant, dynamic and fast-paced working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
As the Senior IT Systems Engineer you should have solid experience in all aspects of IT support and IT estate maintenance, including:
- Incident management, technical investigations and technical repairs
- Installation and testing of new IT equipment
- Connectivity testing and network maintenance, including wireless access
- Administration of user accounts, Active Directory, SCCM and security permissions
- Maintenance of Windows servers, client machines, systems security, backup, patches and anti-virus precautions, printers etc.
- Networking filtering and safeguarding
- Deployment, testing and maintenance of operating systems, software and system management tools
It would be a bonus if you had:
Experience managing and maintaining the IT infrastructure in an educational institution would be desirable.
Why Should You Apply?
Our client is a technical college located in Central London, educating the next generation of engineers, technicians and innovators. They are known for inspiring learning by leveraging real life community and industry problems; working alongside professional sponsors from transportation, engineering and construction industries.