17 Nov IT Systems Administrator
We are seeking an IT Systems Administrator for a prestigious independent school in the heart of London. The successful candidate will play a key role in maintaining and enhancing the school’s IT infrastructure, under the guidance of the IT Systems Manager. This role would be perfect for a 2nd or 3rd Line Engineer with a strong interest/experience of working within an educational environment. This role offers a competitive salary of up to £42,000, reflective of experience and qualifications.
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme with attractive employer contributions
- Wellbeing Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, and more
- Free school lunch during term time and various employee discounts
- Enhanced Maternity Pay and 50% fee remission for own daughters
- Outstanding professional development opportunities
As an IT Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the school’s server infrastructure, cloud services, and network. You will work closely with the IT team to ensure the smooth operation of all IT systems and provide top-level support to staff and students.
- Support and maintain the school’s server infrastructure, cloud services, and network
- Maintain all end-user devices using Microsoft Active Directory, InTune, AutoPilot, Group Policy, and other third-party products
- Mentor and support the IT technician and assist in IT helpdesk operations
- Manage system backups and support services for WiFi, phone systems, networking, and printing
- Engage with school staff to develop and enhance teaching and learning systems
- Stay abreast of new IT developments and make recommendations for school benefit
- Collaborate with the exams officer for device and laptop setup in compliance with exam policies
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in an IT support role, preferably in a school or educational setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft cloud technologies, including Office 365
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, including VMWare, Hyper-V, Windows Desktop Deployments, and Active Directory
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff
- Team player with strong managerial skills
- Passionate about IT and eager to contribute to educational excellence
- Ability to multitask and work enthusiastically under pressure
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be delighted to chat with you about this role in more detail.