14 Jan IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist – SIMS - Milton Keynes – Education Sector IT Help Desk Technician
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading managed service provider, delivering ‘best in class’ 1st and 2nd line SIMS IT helpdesk support to nursery, primary and secondary school clients.
The role is in Milton Keynes and as the SIMS IT Support Specialist, you will:
- Provide remote service desk IT support for SIMS users
- Act as a team leader, supervising other SIMS help desk staff when required
- IT support and training users in the correct use of SIMS modules
- Troubleshoot and resolve SIMS module and FMS issues / faults
- Monitor and maintain SIMS modules
- Perform health checks and SIMS upgrades
- Improve SIMS IT support documentation and procedures
You will receive:
A competitive salary of up to £30,000 pa
The opportunity to develop team management and leadership skills
You must be well versed in IT service desk support for the following SIMS modules, able to help, train and coach users from a remote location, and experienced in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues with these SIMS modules and FMS:
- Core Pupil Data
- Attendance / Lesson Monitor
- School Census
- School Workforce Census
- End of Year Routines
- Excellent problem-solving, customer service and teamworking skills are a must, as is the ability to remain calm when working under pressure and to tight timelines.
- A driving licence and satisfactory current safeguarding checks are essential
It would be a bonus if you had:
A good understanding of school structures and procedures, and experience in the use of SIMS modules as a data manager or administrator.
Basic knowledge of quality control management and an understanding of the following school modules:
- Examination Organiser
Why Should You Apply?
Our client is a well-regarded provider of professional services to the education sector. They are known for truly understanding the needs, pressures and issues facing their education sector clients. They offer employees:
- A fast-paced, engaging and professional working culture
- The opportunity to learn new skills and gain professional certifications
- Competitive salary, benefits, reward and recognition schemes
Who we are?
GreatFind Recruitment is a specialist IT recruitment agency. We’ve been in business for over 15 years and we’re different because we genuinely care about our candidates and clients, delivering a consultative and personalised service.