18 Jul IT Support Engineer
This role will be providing onsite support to an educational customer, in Croydon, assisting in the resolution of support requests.
The role is based on supporting Microsoft environments and a range of third-party products in the education market. Knowledge of Microsoft products is essential and current Microsoft qualifications would be advantageous.
Salary: Up to £25,000
Duties and responsibilities
- Acting as the first point of contact for technical support issues.
- Provide technical support and answer support queries via the helpdesk.
- Respond to customer requests and assist with hardware or software problems.
- Log and address any software or hardware problems detected.
- Provide excellent customer service for all support issues.
- Allocate complex tickets to relevant senior IT engineers as required.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers/solution providers to address customer tickets.
Personal Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in technical support in the education sector and have the same values and the rest of the organisation, with a positive mindset, committed to outstanding delivery of service and pushing the boundaries of what is offered by adding value and understanding that the smallest detail can make the largest difference.
Skills / Attributes Preferred
- Experience in a first-line support role.
- A driving license and access to your own vehicle is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Knowledge of network fundamentals.
- Exposure to Microsoft Server and user management consoles.
- Excellent telephone manners, face-to-face communication and written skills.
- Good time management and ability to multitask.
DBS clearance will be required for this role. You will be joining a fast-growing organisation that truly supports the development of its staff with ongoing training provided each year.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.