02 Jun IT Support Engineer
A customer-focused, highly technical and enthusiastic IT Support Engineer is needed to support a prestigious independent school in Croydon, London. With a salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience. Please note you must have experience working within Schools, Colleges or the education sector!
Benefits include Health Wellbeing Scheme, BUPA Cash Plan, Discounted school fees, Private Medical Insurance and lots more!
In this role, You will be responsible for testing, configuring, documenting, and providing support for a wide range of user devices, including Windows-based desktops, iPads, phones, and classroom docking stations. They will also liaise with internal and external stakeholders, manage user accounts, and ensure compliance with licensing and data protection regulations.
- Test, configure, build, deploy, and support various user devices, including Windows-based desktops, laptops, tablets, iPads/iMacs, digital displays, phones, and classroom docking stations.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to advance projects and address support tickets.
- Support school printers and collaborate with external suppliers.
- Create and manage user accounts manually and using PowerShell scripts.
- Assist with the exam network account process.
- Participate in project tasks, including implementation, configuration, and testing.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of all systems.
- Ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Provide technical support to staff and students, managing tickets from start to finish based on priority.
- Offer service desk coverage and support other systems in the absence of colleagues.
- Provide project handovers to team members.
- Possess essential knowledge of SCCM, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Windows 10, PowerShell scripting, AD group policy management, JAMF/Apple MDM solutions, basic networking principles, and Office 365 apps.
- Understand GDPR, safeguarding, and data sensitivities.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar senior IT role with a school, college or education institute.
- Excellent understanding of school IT systems.
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft products - Active Directory & Group Policy, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 & Above and Microsoft 365.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving technical errors.
- Passion for IT.
- Customer Focused.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analysis skills.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.