18 Aug IT Support and Operations Engineer
A customer-focused, highly technical and enthusiastic IT Engineer is needed to support an independent school in North West London. With a salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience. You will also receive up to 40 days of annual leave! Please note you must have experience working within Schools, Colleges or the education sector.
In this role, You will be responsible for leading and developing the IT provision for the school, ensuring that the network infrastructure is fit for purpose, efficient, secure and backed up.
- Manage and optimise network infrastructure for efficiency, security, and backup.
- Ensure IT systems meet evolving school needs and support teaching.
- Promote technology integration across the curriculum for enhanced learning.
- Coordinate eSafety efforts, educate on online safety, and handle incidents.
- Provide user support, address queries, and troubleshoot IT issues.
- Research, implement, and manage new technologies for network stability.
- Coordinate with external suppliers and agencies for IT matters.
- Maintain and update IT policies, procedures, and development plans.
- Conduct IT training for staff and ensure their technical proficiency.
- Oversee hardware maintenance, including computers, projectors, and printing.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar senior IT role with a school, college or education institute.
- Excellent understanding of school IT systems.
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft products - Active Directory & Group Policy, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 & Above and Microsoft 365.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving technical errors.
- Passion for IT.
- Customer Focused.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analysis skills.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.