19 May IT & Network Engineer
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced & enthusiastic IT & Network Engineer to join the IT team at Westminster School - one of the most prestigious Independent Schools in the country, neighbouring Westminster Abbey.
The main responsibility of the role is to help ensure the efficient & effective operation of the School’s IT facilities for teaching staff, support staff & pupils.
Salary: £33,000 (Potential for £1,000 annual pay rise for the first 2 years)
Location: Westminster, London
Hours: 8am – 4pm, 9am – 5pm, or 10am – 6pm, on a rota basis
(The post holder will be expected to work 12 Saturdays per calendar year but will be entitled to a day off to compensate.)
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Monitoring & maintaining the physical & virtual server infrastructures & installing operating systems & server applications when necessary
- Monitoring & managing Cisco switching and wireless infrastructures
- Monitoring printer services & Cisco telephony infrastructures
- Monitoring School’s public connectivity infrastructure, including DNS servers, filters, firewalls & internet connections
- Overseeing the School’s public cloud infrastructure (including Azure and Microsoft 365)
- Managing Endpoint Security
- Configuring & maintaining Active Directory (including the creation & modification of user accounts, Group Policies & logon/start-up scripts)
- Maintaining building management, CCTV and Access Control systems in conjunction with the Estates Department
- Deploying desktop software and remote managing Windows and Macs (via SCCM and InTune/Microsoft Endpoint Manager)Assisting in the selection of new hardware & software
- Carrying out other reasonable projects & tasks as required
The Network Engineer will also be asked to engage in tasks shared by all members of the IT Department, such as:
- Providing first-line user support
- Providing corrective action to rectify reported or observed faults
- Arranging warranty hardware repairs
- Installing consumables
- Installing desktops & laptops
- Supervising external contractors (e.g. AV installers & data cablers)
- Setting up AV equipment for lectures and presentations
So what are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role & will possess a genuine interest in IT. You will need to be able to work using your own initiative and be flexible & adaptable in your approach to work, being a team player who is happy to help out with a variety of tasks where required. Advanced communication & organisational skills are also essential.
Essential Experience Required:
- Hypervisors (VMware or Hyper-V)
- Managing a Microsoft Windows Domain – including Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft 365
- Exchange Server Hybrid deployment
- Endpoint Protection
- IP Telephony
- Firewall & Web Filtering Management
- Switch/router management (including IP routing)
- Enterprise printing (including MFDs)
- Enterprise wireless
What can the School offer you?
- You will have the opportunity to work in an impressive environment & in an excellent location, as part of a friendly and forward-looking IT team
- You will be entitled to 25 days annual leave + bank holidays. (There is also discretionary stand down period between Christmas and New Year.)
- Free gym access
- Free lunch every day
Apply today if you think you’ve got what it takes.
If you would like more information on the role then please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07904015757