18 Jan IT Manager
We are looking for an IT Manager with strong experience working within a school environment! This role is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and grow as an individual. Our client is a leading school in the west London area, and they are offering a salary of up to £50,000 plus excellent benefits!
Benefits include 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, use of leisure facilities, free lunch, cycle-to-work scheme and more!
As the IT Manager, you will oversee IT support and infrastructure for the school, including maintenance, monitoring, and development. You will manage day-to-day operations and ensure the ICT infrastructure is secure, reliable, robust, and resilient, supporting teaching, learning, and administrative functions. Additionally, you will manage and be responsible for project management and procurement for all school-wide ICT projects.
- Managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Managing and monitoring all IT service provider contracts ensuring regular liaison with contract managers and seamless integration with school systems.
- Deploying end-user hardware such as desktops, laptops, tablets, cabling, printers, AV equipment, and other peripherals, as well as deployment and management of end-user department software.
- Managing and regularly testing school backups to ensure systems can be recovered in case of a ransomware attack/full system-wide failure.
- Supporting the provision and support of 1:1 Chromebooks to students, including repairs management.
- Performing PC hardware repairs and upgrades.
- Managing and configuring Google Workspace for Education.
- Supporting the use of IT in teaching rooms, such as Projectors and Interactive Screens.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar IT / Network Manager role in a school environment.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- Impeccable ICT knowledge and skills.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive Microsoft 365 experience.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Analytically minded.
- Highly organised.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.