23 Sep IT Infrastructure Engineer (Contract or Permanent)
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join a prestigious school based in the Greenford area. You must be highly technical and have experience working in school environments for this position. The salary for this role will be up to £32,000 depending on your experience!
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the School's ICT resources and equipment and ensuring students and staff safe, effective and appropriate use of ICT equipment.
- Support the IT Services Team by implementing procedures and providing technical support.
- Assuring high-quality ICT support following the School's SLAs.
- During busy periods or annual leave, assist the IT helpdesk with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Managing Microsoft 365 services, including SharePoint, Onedrive, Teams, Endpoint Manager, Exchange Online and Azure Active Directory.
- Carry out routine maintenance on workstations and laptops, fault finding and resolution.
- Unpack & install ICT equipment such as new computers & peripherals & add to inventory.
- Implementation of backup virus protection and security procedures, including data protection policies.
- Ensure that support logs for faults, damage and repair for all ICT systems are logged regularly.
- When necessary, assist with laptop hardware and software problems
- Resolving software or device issues when they arise.
- Configure and deploy networking switches around the school and replace them when needed.
- Support with major IT issues or upgrades.
- Experience working within a similar role in a school environment.
- Senior IT support experience.
- Relevant qualification.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 services, including SharePoint, Onedrive, Teams, Endpoint Manager, Exchange Online and Azure Active Directory.
- Excellent understanding of the following; Azure administration, Mobile device management – MS Intune, Disaster Recovery & Backup, VMWare cluster, SQL, domain controller, DNS, and DHCP,
- Impeccable communication skills.
- Strong listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- Passion for IT
- Logical thinker
- The ability to work well in a team
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.