08 Jun IT Field Support Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a managed service provider in the education technology sector as their new IT Field Support Engineer. Our client is looking for an individual with IT experience working in a school setting. This is a hybrid field-based role supporting primary schools around the Harrow/Enfield, and central London area. A car and a full clean driving licence are required for this position. This role has an attractive salary of up to £35,000. Apply Today!
Benefits include a Pension Scheme + company laptop, and phone!
As the IT Field Support Engineer, your responsibility provide on-site, telephone and email support regarding end-user support, deployments, networking, ongoing general IT maintenance and support tasks to primary schools. As this is a hybrid role you will be required to work 3.5 days on-site and 1.5 days working from home.
- Providing schools with technical solutions to hardware and software issues.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve most PC, printer and peripheral device faults.
- Assist in routine safety checks, including electrical tests and maintaining appropriate records.
- The maintenance of in-office hardware and software.
- The installation and maintenance of the schools’ hardware and software.
- Ensuring that the IT support database is kept accurate and up to date with all support provided.
- Providing exceptional and efficient remote support via telephone/zoom/teams.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar role in a school or MSP environment.
- Relevant qualifications. (Microsoft)
- Own a car and a clean driving licence.
- Enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate.
- Strong knowledge and proven track record of using school IT systems.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Active Directory, VLANS, Windows 10/11 and virtualisation software.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for IT.
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.