14 Nov IT Field Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a managed service provider in the education technology sector as their new IT Field Engineer. Our client is looking for an individual with IT experience working in a school setting. This is a field-based role around North West London, so a car and licence are required. This position has an attractive salary of up to £30,000. Apply Today!
As the IT Field Engineer, your responsibility is to manage efficiently, set up, and troubleshoot servers, PCs, Macs, laptops, mobile devices, and printers to the highest standards. You will provide 1st and 2nd line support on-site, remotely, via email and telephone.
- Providing schools with technical solutions to hardware and software issues.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve most PC, printer and peripheral device faults.
- Assist in routine safety checks, including electrical tests and maintaining appropriate records.
- The maintenance of in-office hardware and software.
- The installation and maintenance of the schools’ hardware and software.
- Ensuring that the IT support database is kept accurate and up to date with all support provided.
- Providing exceptional and efficient remote support via telephone/zoom/teams.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar role in a school or MSP environment.
- Relevant qualifications. (Microsoft)
- Own car and clean driving licence.
- Enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate.
- Strong knowledge and proven track record of using school IT systems.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Active Directory, VLANS, Windows 10/11 and virtualisation software.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for IT.
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.