08 Aug IT Engineer (Contract)
GreatFind Recruitment is currently seeking an IT Engineer for a prestigious independent school. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing efficient IT support to students, teachers and school staff. This role will require someone to work up to 46 weeks per year and is based in central London! Competitive day rates!
The IT Engineer will be responsible for providing first-line technical support, maintaining and deploying IT hardware and software resources, monitoring network stability and performance, and ensuring compliance with security provisions at a prestigious independent school. The successful candidate must have experience in an IT support role, good communication skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Respond to users' service desk requests promptly, providing first-line technical support to minimise any disruption to teaching, learning, or administration.
- Monitor end-user devices and peripherals' performance and fitness for purpose, resolving hardware and software faults and escalating within the IT Service where needed.
- Manage and monitor network stability and performance.
- Implement change requests and ensure compliance with backup, anti-virus, and other security provisions.
- Respond diligently to assigned service desk tickets, contribute to meeting SLAs, and log any service desk incidents reported verbally.
- Search the knowledge base and previous tickets/logs to inform diagnosis and resolution and record detailed diagnostic information to assist with building the knowledge base.
- Escalate any issues within the IT Service where a satisfactory and immediate fix is not possible.
- Support, maintain, and deploy all IT hardware and software resources, including installing and testing new peripherals, deploying operating system images and software, updating and patching software, and undertaking basic IT hardware repairs and upgrades.
- Diagnose and resolve software faults, install and maintain standard network cabling, and perform basic diagnostic and recovery routines on network equipment.
- Follow instructions to maintain user accounts and permissions and contribute to the maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date hardware and software asset register.
- Test and prove the efficacy of backup procedures on a scheduled basis and actively maintain and monitor the anti-virus/anti-malware provision and overall security of the IT systems daily.
- Manage active network components, including switches and routers, monitor Wide Area Network links and escalate to second-line support where necessary.
- Maintain internet filtering systems and be alert to any emerging technology risks, escalating within the IT Service.
- Support, assist, and train staff, students, and visitors as required.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in an IT support role within a school or education setting.
- Relevant technical qualifications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and operating systems, networking, and internet protocols.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with hardware, identifying faults and resolving/escalating.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we are happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.