18 Jul IT Engineer (Contract)
A customer-focused, highly technical and enthusiastic IT Engineer Contractor is needed to support two independent schools in the North West London area. This is a contract role starting in August up until Christmas with very competitive day rates!
Please note you must have experience working within Schools, Colleges or the education sector!
In this role, You will be responsible for providing IT support and strategic advice to students, teachers and school staff to ensure the technical side of learning and school systems are running smoothly. You will be predominantly working 3 days per week in one school and two days in the other.
- Providing technical support in resolving IT incidents.
- Act as a lead point of contact for IT issues in allocated schools.
- Managing, monitoring, and maintaining the school's IT systems.
- Monitoring all hardware and software on the school grounds.
- Providing assistance to school IT leaders in developing and implementing their IT strategies.
- Install and update all school IT systems.
- Maintain accurate documentation and a structured process for managing IT changes.
- Ensure that escalated IT issues are resolved within the school's service level agreements.
- Assuring ICT systems are fully functional, robust and secure at local schools through appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all IT changes are managed in a structured way and documented correctly.
- Making sure that all reported incidents are resolved efficiently.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar role with a school, college or education institute.
- Excellent understanding of school IT systems.
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft products - Active Directory & Group Policy, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft 365.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving technical errors.
- Passion for IT.
- Customer Focused.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analysis skills.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.