13 Jul IT Engineer
Our Client, a leading independent school in Wokingham, Berkshire, is looking for an IT Engineer to join their team and help maintain effective and up-to-date Information Communication Technology Systems.
Salary and Benefits - The salary for this role is up to £35,000 and comes with great benefits including free lunches, use of the school's leisure facilities, Pension Scheme, staff car park and lots more!
As our client's new IT Engineer, you will be responsible for providing assistance to students, teachers, and support staff throughout the school. This includes providing help with computer hardware and software, as well as with internet and network connectivity. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting problems and resolving issues. You will provide support in person, over the phone, and online.
- Develop, implement, and manage technical solutions in collaboration with the IT department.
- Maintain and ensure the effectiveness and up-to-date nature of IT Systems..
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line assistance and support.
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers for procurement and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Train other IT staff on the use of relevant solutions.
- Assist the Director of IS in strategic planning for IT initiatives.
- Conduct research and perform Proof of Concepts for potential solutions.
- Provision necessary infrastructure and services for implementing new solutions.
- Manage the end-to-end implementation process of IT solutions.
- Provide advanced support for the School's IT infrastructure, including network and server infrastructure, software, databases, and telephony systems.
Experience and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role within a school or educational environment.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and managing technical solutions.
- Experience in working with cloud services, on-premise infrastructure and integration.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.