08 Mar Business Development Manager – Hybrid
Have you got strong experience selling IT resources to the education sector? If so, this is the role for you! Our client, a well-known edtech company, based in Oxfordshire, is looking for a business development manager to join their expanding sales team. You don't want to miss this opportunity with a salary of up to £60,000 plus OTE. Apply today!
Benefits include cash car allowance, hybrid working, 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, pension & sick pay scheme and more!
As the new Business Development Manager for our client, you will be tasked with selling hardware, Software, Services and Solutions within the education sector, developing significant opportunities among our current trading customers, as well as actively generating new leads and bringing in Solutions opportunities to the business.
- Provide professional and timely account management and customer service.
- Attend customer sites, external shows, and exhibitions to represent the company and build relationships.
- Build industry knowledge to help shape ongoing strategy.
- Provide recommendations to customers on the best solutions.
- Develop and execute account plans and strategies to increase sales.
- Lead and support internal account managers.
- Handle customer service incidents within agreed timescales and escalate as necessary.
- Respond to tenders and RFQs, manage relationships, and sell a range of hardware, software, services, and solutions.
- Prepare proposals, tenders, and quotations for customers.
- Conduct outbound telemarketing as required to generate leads.
- Negotiate price, delivery, and specifications with suppliers.
- Build and manage a pipeline of ongoing opportunities and report revenue and margin forecasts weekly to Sales management.
- Keeping up with new software and hardware developments
- Ensure compliance with all processes, procedures, and security policies.
- Assist Sales Management with additional duties as required.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a similar sales-based role in the education sector.
- Knowledge of the education technology industry.
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
- A solid understanding of cloud computing, servers, and storage.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure, HPE server storage, Office 365 and HPE Aruba is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- A solid understanding and competency with sales tracking tools.
- Strong background in handling key accounts.
- Highly motivated and organised.
- Highly ambitious.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.