01 Mar Head of IT Services
We are searching for an experienced and highly technical Head of IT Services to join a group of schools in the North West London area. The GreatFind team are looking for an individual with experience providing leadership, direction, and management to an IT team within the education sector. This role offers an excellent salary of up to £52,000 plus great benefits!
Benefits include local government pension scheme, 28 days annual leave, and hours 8am to 4pm.
In this role, you'll manage the IT department's employees, liaise with other departments to determine their technological needs, and develop solutions aligned with the school’s goals. You will be based at one school primarily and expected to visit the other school 1-2 times a week.
- Developing and implementing the school group’s IT strategy and vision in collaboration with the CFO.
- Creating an annual business plan with service priorities and performance measures that align with the school’s objectives.
- Managing the school’s IT resources and network.
- Acting as a focal point for IT support procedures and infrastructure development, ensuring effective IT provision across all schools within the group.
- Managing and developing IT staff.
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and GDPR regulations.
- Identifying and mitigating risks relating to the IT service.
- Contributing to the development of policies and procedures for continuous improvement.
- Completing all administrative duties, checks, documentation, reports, and returns on time and accurately.
- Leading on Cyber Security across the schools.
- Providing technical expertise and monitoring supplier contracts for effective IT procurement.
- Managing and maintaining communication and user base requirements.
- Developing individual school IT development plans to support teaching and learning.
- Promoting innovation in IT and staying up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- Managing and implementing the installation of all new computer software.
- Liaising with external engineers and managing external contracts as needed.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a senior/leadership position within a school or educational environment.
- Proven track record in IT project management.
- Excellent technical skills and experience with current technologies and best practices including web technologies, LAN, VLAN, WAN, thin client and virtual and cloud technologies.
- ITIL Certification - Highly desirable.
- Strong team leadership/management experience.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for all things IT.
- Leadership Skills.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.