13 Dec Head of IT Services
We are searching for an experienced and highly technical Head of IT Services to join a leading creative, independent school based in West London. The GreatFind team are looking for an individual with experience providing leadership, direction, and management to an IT team within the education sector. This role offers an excellent salary of up to £52,000 plus great benefits!
Benefits include Health & well-being contributions (Dental, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Optical), a Pension scheme, a cycle-to-work scheme and more!
You will be responsible for all IT infrastructure and services, coordinating support, enabling business continuity, and implementing IT solutions to meet evolving business requirements. As part of your role, you will provide leadership, direction, and management of IT Services, so that the institution can successfully deliver its educational objectives.
- Implement the school’s IT vision and strategy with the Senior Leadership team.
- Monitoring and identifying future opportunities and challenges within the IT landscape and developing mitigating strategies as necessary.
- Assisting in sourcing and implementing new software, hardware, and licenses in accordance with school policy.
- Integrating new systems with existing ones and coordinating systems' development, enhancement, and implementation.
- Provide leadership, guidance, direction and management to the IT team.
- Provide third-line support and coordinate escalation to third parties when necessary.
- Ensure all modifications and upgrades are documented with user and system manuals, license agreements and all necessary paperwork.
- Developing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Developing an IT structure that develops expertise and leverages synergies across the school.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a senior/leadership position within a school or educational environment.
- Excellent technical skills and experience in TCP/IP, VLAN, VPN, VoIP, VMWare, Apple macOS, Jamf Pro, Windows Servers, Active Directory, Azure AD, iSCSI SAN and more.
- Strong team leadership/management experience.
- Software and web development experience.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for all things IT.
- Leadership Skills.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.