04 Oct Finance Officer
This is an excellent opportunity for a Finance Officer to join an established school. Working as part of a financial team you will be responsible for devising and implementing pupil fees and finance in an education environment. The role is varied, and you must be self-motivated and well-organised to succeed in this opportunity.
The role is full-time and based in South London. Salary is up to £30,000 depending on experience with amazing benefits. Tasks will include pupil fee preparation and financial administration support.
- Prepare and maintain termly invoices, detailing accurate pupil records and fees
- Responding to parents, guardians, or third parties regarding their fee accounts, either by phone or written
- Follow-up on fee debt recovery and refer late payers to external legal advisors if necessary. Fortnightly meetings with the Bursar and yearly, termly meetings of the Governors require the preparation of reports
- Establish charges for extra services by working with school staff and reviewing all bills and fees
- Termly fee invoices, including keeping accurate pupil records and fee rates
Essential Qualifications, Experience, and Knowledge:
- Excellent spoken and written English - Minimum of GCSE English or an equivalent English qualification
- Knowledge of Sage 200 or similar software
- Previous experience of being a team player working within a dynamic team environment
- Excel Literate
- Experience working with credit control or have a background working in financial services
- Accounting Knowledge
- Highly organised and motivated individual
- Someone who is confident and intelligent, as they will be speaking to the general public
- Team-player who can also work independently
- An individual who has strong communication skills
- A problem solver, with a forward-thinking and committed approach
- High level of numeracy
Nice to have but not Essential:
- Previous education sector experience would be an advantage
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency, at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide personalised and consultative service and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.