23 Jun Datacentre Engineer
We are looking for a Data Centre Engineer to join a leading EdTech company! With an excellent salary of up to £40,000 plus great benefits and excellent career progression opportunities! The position is a hybrid based in the Hertfordshire area.
You will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading cutting-edge technology in conjunction with the senior engineers. In addition, as the new Datacentre Engineer, you will take ownership of the compute & storage environment for the company's private cloud services.
- Monitoring and performing ongoing maintenance on servers and network equipment.
- Providing IT support to staff and customers and responding to server and network issues.
- Install, configure, and maintain switches, servers, firewalls, and hard drives
- Conduct power and cooling systems inspections to ensure they are operational and efficient.
- Work collaboratively with senior engineers.
- Conduct regular backup tests.
- Resolve operational, infrastructure or hardware incidents in a data centre.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong experience working within a similar role. Preferably in the EdTech/Education industry.
- Experience with VMware is essential, as is experience managing storage (Datastores, LUNs, iSCSI, SAN, NAS) with a major enterprise vendor.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Networking and Firewall Experience.
- Works well under pressure.
- Problem Solver.
- Highly Motivated.
- Highly organised.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.