22 May Data Protection Programme Manager
Our client, a specialised IT company catering to the education sector, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Data Protection Programme Manager to join their team. As a key member of their organisation, you will play a vital role in delivering their privacy management programme to a diverse range of clients. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in the field of data protection while working with cutting-edge technologies.
The salary for this hybrid role is up to £60,000 and based in Surrey! Some of the great benefits include hybrid working, Life Assurance, Social Events and lots more!
As the Data Protection Programme Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of our client's privacy management programme. Your expertise in data protection, combined with your strong program management skills, will enable you to lead and guide clients through various complex data protection projects. In addition to managing multiple projects simultaneously, you will actively collaborate with clients and internal teams to ensure exceptional service delivery and continuous improvement of their offerings.
- Lead, scope, and deliver the privacy management programme for a range of clients in the education sector.
- Guide clients through all stages of the privacy programme, including Records of Processing, Vendor Management, Incident Management, Risk Management, Information Rights, Leadership & Governance, and Policy Management.
- Collaborate closely with the data protection and privacy team to align products and services with client needs.
- Manage multiple concurrent clients, effectively prioritising tasks and delivering within agreed scopes and budgets.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and artefacts necessary for managing multiple projects and programs concurrently.
- Ensure that all deliverables are achieved in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Plan and schedule work delivery, identifying areas where client input is required.
- Proactively support and mentor junior team members.
- Conduct training sessions to educate staff members and increase awareness within your area of expertise.
- Provide quality assurance over deliverables, ensuring adherence to business standards.
- Present both written and verbal outputs directly to clients in a clear and concise manner, demonstrating exceptional communication skills.
- Deliver services in line with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the business development team, leveraging their support and providing assistance as necessary.
- Identify areas for improvement and contribute suggestions to enhance products and services.
- Provide regular briefings on client risks and issues that could impact the business relationship and future aspirations.
- Organise and deliver client engagement activities such as webinars and training sessions.
- Maintain internal standards and documentation associated with your areas of responsibility.
- Stay updated on new laws, regulator guidance, and best practices to ensure compliance and reflect changes in client service delivery.
- Conduct research to enhance knowledge and expertise in the data protection field.
- Collaborate with colleagues across departments to support the successful completion of business priorities.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience of at least 5 years as a project/programme/delivery manager, specifically in the field of data protection or information governance.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of data protection laws, regulations, and best practices, with a particular emphasis on the education sector.
- A background in law or compliance is highly desirable, providing a solid foundation for navigating legal complexities and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Professional certifications such as CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe), CIPP/A (Certified Information Privacy Professional/Asia), CIPM (Certified Information Privacy Manager), or CIPT (Certified Information Privacy Technologist) are strongly preferred. These certifications demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of data protection principles and further validate your expertise in the field.
- Positive attitude
- Passion for privacy management in the education sector.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.