23 Jun AV Media Technician
We are looking for a motivated individual with a keen interest in radio, podcasts and all things digital media! This excellent AV Media Technician opportunity has arisen in a creative education institution in the Hayes area. The role has a salary of up to £30,000 depending on your experience and skillset! Additionally, this role can be a full-time or a term-time-only position!
In the role of AV Media Technician, you will play a crucial role in providing technical support and training to students and faculty across a range of creative studios, such as radio, podcasting, TV/broadcast, esports, music, theatre, and editing. By ensuring the efficient operation of equipment and spaces, maintaining the kit room, and delivering essential technical assistance throughout the academic year, you contribute to an exceptional educational experience for our students.
- Collaborate with students, teaching staff, and the IT department to provide technical support and optimise performance in Radio, TV, Podcasting, Esports, Music, Theatre, and Editing studios.
- Deliver comprehensive technical training to support curriculum delivery for students and staff.
- Manage equipment provision and maintenance, including the kit store and AV equipment loan system.
- Support the Head of Content in overseeing technical aspects of the school radio station and youth brand.
- Provide technical and AV support throughout the Academic Year for various projects and events.
- Monitor training competencies and maximize facility utilization for staff and students.
- Coordinate production space bookings and maintain accurate asset lists.
- Ensure the availability of equipment resources and prevent supply shortages.
- Collaborate with IT, Pathway Leads, and the Director of Specialism for world-class technical provision.
- Upload content for school building screens using Brightsign.
- Assist with photography, video, and social media projects for school events as needed.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working with IT / AV equipment.
- Experience working in an educational setting is highly desirable!
- Ability to use, maintain, and provide training for media production equipment and studios (ideally across Radio/Podcast, TV/YouTube, Esports, Journalism, Art, Theatre, and Music Production).
- Knowledge of equipment loan systems, equipment maintenance, studio upkeep, and file management for showcasing student work.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem Solver.
- Works Well Independently.
- Passion for IT.
- Highly organised.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.