05 Oct Assistant Operations Manager – 3rd Line Technician
Assistant Operations Manager – (3rd Line Technician)
Would you like to work for an employer who invests in their staff? My client offers a £10K training allowance for their staff for professional development to help towards to your continued success.
GreatFind Recruitment is working with a creditable Managed Service Provider located in Essex. They are recruiting for an Assistant Operations Manager to join their growing team. This would ideally suit a 3rd line engineer looking for the next step in their career. Training provided!
- 10K towards professional development
- Healthcare Plan and Pension
- 35 Hours working week
- 20 days annual leave
- Exposure to different technologies
- They partner with leading Vendors; Google, Microsoft, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, and Fujitsu.
- Salary – Up to £32K
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager undertake the supervision of the assigned resources and technical operation of the support service, providing technical ICT support and advice to contracted clients.
- Deputise in the absence of the Operations Manager to manage the Operations Team Division. Coordinate teams and line manage the team leaders and other general support staff in delivering the services provided by the division.
- To be responsible for assigned projects ensuring the deliverables are completed on time against agreed quality assurance procedures, whilst ensuring the correct governance is applied.
- Ensure all ICT incidents are recorded, reported on and controlled within the agreed processes, providing month end and annual reports detailing service delivery performance.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Business Support Team when creating hardware and software proposals
- Provide high-quality enterprise level technical support to colleagues and clients, ensuring the service delivered to clients is of a high standard by using the FITS and ITILv3 frameworks within company guidelines ensuring the correct governance is applied.
- Supervising assigned resources by the Operations Manager
- Management of the Operations Team Divisions in the absence of the Operation Manager
- Providing high-level support and excellent customer service using the ITILv3 framework
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), D-Link Professional (DCP), Google Deployment Specialist or Sophos Architect. Plus you will be certified in either ITILv3 or Prince2 standards.
Key Accountabilities & Duties:
- Provide 1st through to 3rd line ICT support to the company and its clients.
- Supervise the workload of your assigned team to ensure effective deployment of staff to meet operational support demands and site visits to agreed service targets and other relevant standards.
- Provide leadership and support to team members and clients.
- To be responsible for keeping appropriate up to date client service records and performance data, providing month end reports and performance efficiency recommendations to the Operations Manager.
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager undertake technical report writing documenting customer systems, identifying system strengths and weaknesses in preparation for company director sign off.
- Manage your assigned client assets, including managing the ICT inventory by auditing, maintenance, and storage of resources.
- Provide day to day management for the service desk operation to ensure incidents and service requests and escalations are dealt with in a timely fashion
- To define procedures and provide technical support in line with the ITIL and FITS support service definitions
- To monitor, record, manage and plan for changes in the client ICT resources for safe, effective use by pupils and staff.
- Develop a proactive schedule to monitor the implementation of backup including restoration of data, virus protection and security procedures, including data protection policies.
- Manage technical documentation and user guides for the company products and solutions ensuring content is updated and kept relevant.
- Keep the company ICT qualification up to date taking exams, ensuring none of the company qualifications lapses.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply today!
About GreatFind Recruitment
We specialise on IT Channel recruitment, especially in education sector. We work on different job level vacancies from graduate jobs to 3rd line Technicians, and in various departments including IT, sales and marketing, and operations.
We’ve worked in the IT channel for nearly 20 years. We deliver a consultative, personal service to our candidates and clients, and we won’t rest until everyone is happy.
We are an equal opportunity provider.