05 Nov IT Technician
Working as part of a small IT team, you will be responsible for a range of tasks to help support
staff and students within an independent school. Your role will be varied, and it is essential that
you are self motivated and well-organised.
The role is full time, beginning at 8am and finishing at 5pm every Monday to Friday. You will
provide support to the IT Manager as directed. Tasks will include day to day support and
maintenance of equipment, as well as assisting with strategic long term IT projects. You will
need to be energetic, enthusiastic, and committed to the wider school community.
You will receive a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave per year, free parking and lunch.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to staff and students.
- Act as the first point of contact for any technical issues (and report any unresolved
issues to the IT manager).
- Day-to-day maintenance of the school’s computer systems and IT resources, including
carrying out minor repairs (or arranging for repairs) as and when needed.
- Managing the computer hardware and software inventory including maintenance and
- User maintenance and management in a variety of systems, including: Active Directory
users and computers (new starters, leavers), File servers, G-Suite.
- Ensure the anti-virus software is installed and kept up to date on all devices.
- Set up AV for assemblies, meetings, events, and staff training as required.
- Liaise with the examination officer to ensure ICT access requirements are met when
- Train students with exam access arrangement.
- Contribute to the development of the school intranet site.
- Maintain a log sheet of toner supplies and usage levels for a small number of printers, in
order to communicate with the service provider to ensure adequate stock levels at all
- Maintain a booking system for any ICT equipment and rooms,
- Assist with strategic longer term IT projects.
- Any other ICT or related duties as indicated by the IT manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience working in an educational setting (or similar environment)
- Advanced use of Excel and MS office applications.
- Good understanding of networking, TCP/IP and OSI model, VLANs.
- Very good understanding and practical knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies,
DHCP, and DNS.
- Good understanding of WSUS, MDT, SCCM.
- Experience working with Apple macOS and mobile device management.
- Open minded and receptive to new ideas.
- Experience of training others.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team.
- Problem solving skills to address complex issues.
- Evidence of effective and accurate organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good understanding of confidentiality, data protection and GDPR.
- Compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Commitment to further training and a willingness to participate in CPD.
Nice to have, but not essential:
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or other equivalent professional qualification.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency, at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our
candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service and we
would be more than happy to chat to you about this role in more detail.