01 Jul 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
Our 3rd Line Engineer role is a full time position, ideal for someone with a background in Education or working in a small IT team and looking for a new challenge! An excellent salary and benefits is offered and the successful candidate will have lots of opportunity to develop their skills. A highly desirable pension scheme is also offered as part of the package.
With a competitive salary of between £32,500 and £36,000 the successful candidate will begin a full time role (35 hours), and will report to the IT Manager. The post holder will be actively encouraged to pursue CPD opportunities, and will be instrumental in providing IT support for our client.
As well as supporting the IT Manager, you will primarily be 3rd line support (server and network maintenance) but will also be involved with 1st and 2nd line tasks when required.
- Help to create user guides and technical documents
- Promote best practice across IT systems
- Lead IT training when required
- Assist in managing the IT helpdesk system correctly and respond to requests
- Maintain the asset database and technical knowledge base
- Ensure support tickets are resolved
- Assist in creating automatic work flows when required
- Maintain the backup and disaster recovery services
- Assist the Deputy IT Manager in maintaining software and infrastructure including: servers; internet access filter; network devices; network and data security; system monitoring; workstations and mobile devices; software installation; cabling and network switch device configuration; and network troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Assist to maintain the following: email; intranet services; paperless technology; installation of clients and updates of the MIS, SIMS; Google Work Space, Apple network and daily system reporting.
- Assist in maintaining our client’s CCTV
- Maintain our client’s website
- Engage in regular communication across all departments to facilitate smooth running of our client’s IT provision
- Work emergency hours when required
- Work at other sites when required
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Degree or equivalent training in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) (ITIL)
- Minimum of 3 years third line server administration experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in IT Helpdesk support
- Experience of: Windows server 2012 R2 – 2019; Veeam Backup, MS 365 (Admin Center); Google Workspace (Management Console); Active Directory and GPOs; Exchange Online; MS Power Automate and Power Apps; Hyper V Virtualisation; Microsoft Deployment Toolkit; SQL Server; SharePoint Online and HP/Aruba Switches.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfortable negotiating
- Good time management skills
- Comfortable troubleshooting problems and solution focused
- Works well under pressure and able to prioritise workload
- Happy to take the lead if required, or work as part of a team
- Excellent IT, literacy and numeracy skills
- Proactive and interested in CPD
- Good attention to detail
- An interest in technological developments
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience of the following: Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA); Project Management (Prince 2) (AGILE) Methodologies; Cisco Meraki; Capita SIMs (SIMS.net / FMS); PaperCut Print Management;, Sophos Endpoint Security and Jamf.
- Access to a car and clean UK driving licence
- An understanding of Health and Safety requirements
Want to know more?As a specialist IT recruitment agency, at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service and we would be more than happy to chat to you about this role in more detail.