30 Jun 3rd Line Engineer
We are looking for a 3rd Line Engineer to join a growing MSP within the education industry! You will be working in our client's remote support team based in their head office in the Croydon area. The salary for this position is £55,000 with excellent benefits.
Benefits include - Company Pension, Free or subsidised travel and more!
The 3rd Line Engineer role involves closely collaborating with colleagues across the technical services team to support service delivery, lead technical design and implementation of projects, and serve as the final point of technical escalation for support services. Responsibilities also include identifying, developing, and maintaining services, meeting SLAs, demonstrating expertise in multiple technologies, and practising effective support through communication, documentation, and team engagement.
- Develop extensive technical expertise in all systems within the service portfolio.
- Assist in the pre-sales process by designing and specifying technical solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and provide consultancy services, including site visits and customer meetings.
- Serve as the final point of technical escalation for 1st and 2nd line support teams.
- Identify business opportunities and deliver billable work to meet agreed targets.
- Help maintain processes for supporting and managing systems effectively.
- Proactively monitor systems and services to ensure they are secure, functional, and meet the required standards.
- Assess the cost implications of new and existing services and present them to the business in a timely manner.
- Document and share knowledge across the team as appropriate.
- Identify training needs and deliver in-house training to enhance the skills of the team.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong experience working within a similar role. Preferably in an MSP or education setting.
- Relevant technical qualifications.
- Full driving license and car - mileage will be compensated.
- Strong experience working with active Directory, Windows 10, Google Workspace, Office 365, Servers, MDM systems, Cisco, DNS and Group Policy.
- Good understanding of Mobile device management.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Problem Solver.
- Highly Motivated.
- Highly organised.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.