26 Nov 3rd Line Systems Engineer
We are delighted to advertise an exciting new role of 3rd line Engineer in the Education sector.
This is a brand new role that has been created in a small IT team, nestled in a vibrant wider
community. Perfect for someone energetic and experienced looking for a position that offers an
enviable salary and excellent benefits!
The role offers an exceptional salary of £34,000 - £40,000 per annum, and loans for travel and
computers are also available. You will receive 30 days holiday per year plus bank holidays, and
holidays must be taken during school holidays. The role is full time, 8am to 5pm, Monday to
Friday and includes an hour for lunch. With a generous pension scheme and discount rewards
available, this position comes with a host of benefits!
As the 3rd Line Engineer, you will provide support for our client’s IT systems. You will support
the IT Manager and the IT Technician, and provide 2nd and 3rd line support as well as various
other tasks detailed below.
The successful candidate will need to undergo a DBS check, as well as other safeguarding
- With guidance from the IT Manager, support the client’s server infrastructure.
- Use various programmes including Microsoft Azure, InTune, Microsoft Active Directory,
Group Policy and InTune, to support the client’s computer and mobile devices.
- Provide support to the IT technician.
- Support daily backups of the system and maintenance for IT infrastructure.
- Support end users to utilise IT services efficiently.
- Recommend new IT solutions to the IT Systems Manager.
- Monitor the availability and capabilities of all hardware and software, including antivirus
software. Upgrade when needed.
- Manage Microsoft Office 365, Exchange online and configuration and deployment of
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support and resolve daily issues.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- MCSA or MCSE 2012 onwards
- 3 years of experience in server administration.
- Experience with various programmes including: Windows server 2012 R2 – 2019,
VMWare Virtualisation, Windows 10 1809+, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Cloud
Technologies, Backup Technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exceptional ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues.
- Comfortable leading and working as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Interested in personal CPD.
- Work well under pressure.
Nice to to have, but not essential:
- BSc in a technical subject, for example engineering or computer science.
- Understanding of data protection legislation
- Experience of: WSUS, MDT, SCCM Veeam.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency, at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our
candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service and we
would be more than happy to chat to you about this role in more detail.