14 Oct 2nd Line Technician
Are you a 2nd Line Engineer looking for a new opportunity to show off your skills? If so, we have a very exciting role working for one of our well-established clients working in Manchester. In this position, you will be a key member of the Help Desk team, ensuring adherence to all Help Desk processes and standards.
You will actively be providing 2nd line technical support to all end users. Troubleshooting all hardware and software issues for incoming channels. The successful candidate that fills this position, will have a competitive salary of between £20,000 - £28,000.
- Be the first point of contact for all customers, providing service in an efficient and professional manner.
- Providing feedback on escalated tickets from 1st line technicians to support 1st line development.
- Proactively providing second-line support to all customers.
- All support and incident requests received through any inbound channel should be recorded appropriately on Autotask.
- Strive to achieve first-time resolution on customer enquiries.
- Work as a team with senior technicians when escalating more complex work
- Maintain all personal workloads, ensuring all tickets are worked within the set Service Level Agreements.
- To achieve the set Helpdesk KPIs and Service Level Agreements
- To abide by all technical and Helpdesk processes and guidelines.
- Prepare and provide customer software and hardware, and ensure it is ready for project delivery.
- Undertake maintenance tasks for monitored systems.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by seeking feedback on ticket closures.
Essential Qualifications, Experience, and Knowledge:
- Strong interest and experience in general IT services
- 2 years experience working within a similar 1st or 2nd line support role.
- Vast knowledge of PCs, servers, email, telephony, backup, firewalls, switching, and routers.
- Computer-based qualification.
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies including TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VLAN
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Positive attitude
- Confident Individual
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Eager to continually develop technical and customer service skills
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency, at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service and we would be more than happy to chat to you about this role in more detail.