28 May 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
GreatFind Recruitment are currently working alongside a growing Education Managed Service Provider located in Birmingham. They have an exciting opportunity for a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join their team.
Our client is keen to meet with candidates with Managed Service Provider background and particularly those who are keen to progress and take advantage of training and progression opportunities within IT support and solution-based services.
If you are looking for a different, yet exciting challenge in the education sector, please get in contact with us today!
Your day to day role will involve:
- Covering networks, servers (Active directory), general hardware and software
- Liaising with colleagues, IT vendors and 3rd party suppliers in order to resolve more complex issues
- Conducting scheduled checks, maintenance procedures and monitoring the resolution of 1st line issues within the team
- Taking on new projects with brand new software and hardware solutions for the schools
If you are currently working in a managed service environment within IT support - this role could be a great step up for you. You will be receiving the training and support from your company. In recent years our client has enjoyed rapid growth and quick success in the market. Now is a great time to join their organisation and be part of their continued growth in the education sector.
Desirable requirements for the role are as follows:
- Strong server experience, typically Server 2008 & 2012
- Virtualisation experience (HyperV / VMWare)
- DHCP, DNS and Group Policy experience
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Windows servers current and Exchange
- Good 1st line and technical support experience with more complex 2nd and 3rd line issues
- Ticket monitoring, prioritising and resolution background
- Strong written and verbal skills and an all-round confident communicator
- A good understanding of ITIL best practises
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving attitude
Candidates with outsourced IT experience – particularly within education will be of particular interest to our client. The role comes with an extremely competitive benefits package with funded training opportunities and all of the resources needed to ensure you succeed in your new role.
GreatFind recruitment are acting as a recruitment partner in relation to this permanent opportunity. Successful applications may be contacted for a brief telephone interview prior to a meeting. Great Find Recruitment support equal opportunities in the workplace.