23 Dec IT Technician
This IT Technician role is working in a prestigious educational setting (School), supporting the school ICT infrastructure. The role is a supporting position to enable the educational sector to maximise students learning facilities; it is the added support for the day-to-day running of ICT functionality to ensure smooth and consistent business support of the school. The position has an attractive £26,000 salary and is a permanent position that offers a vast array of added benefits; some of these include A 37.5-hour working week of Monday to Friday and 24 days annual leave entitlement excluding bank/public holidays.
- To assist the service desk with the delivery of the ICT managed support service
- Provide school-based users with technical assistance
- Fault Diagnosis and Hardware/Software Support
- Perform routine service delivery tasks
Key responsibilities and duties:
Service Desk and Technical Assistance:
- First-line 'break-fix' assistance to school-based users as directed by the site Service Desk queue
- Use the service desk software to report, log and correspond to requests
- Communicate with school-based staff to inform them of action and progress of reported problems
- Assist school-based staff and students with technical issues
- Provide high levels of customer service
Skills and experience:
The experience that is required for this role is a minimum of 2 years experience in IT desktop support/Hardware support; the role also includes the following technical skills and experience:
- Good understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware, storage, server virtualisation (Hyper-V), backup technologies, anti-virus, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Google G Suite.
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, desktop hardware (laptops and MacBooks), portable devices (iPads, Android), Chromebooks, multi-function printer
- Experience of Microsoft operating systems and applications
- Previous experience of Microsoft Windows Network.
- Previous experience in PC maintenance and repair.
Routine Maintenance and Service Tasks:
- Complete software installations on workstations and laptops as directed by the service desk
- Complete deployment of images to workstation or laptops as directed by the service desk
- Change and replace printer consumables, paper as required
- Restore workstation/laptop images as directed by the service desk
- Complete Active Directory maintenance tasks as directed by the service desk
- Complete routine hardware/software maintenance tasks as required by the service desk
- Complete documentation to standard and at the request of the MST
- To work flexibly - this may include evenings, open days, parents' evenings and possibly weekends. This may also involve cover across the wider team in times of need.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development, as required.
- To work safely, consider the safety of others and work within the guidelines stated in the Academy Health and Safety Policy.