23 Dec Senior IT Technician
The new year is approaching, so why not kickstart the year with an opportunity to level up your IT career? We have a great role for you to do just that! The successful candidate will be working at a successful school network based in Essex as their new Senior IT Technician.
You will be working with the IT technicians managed by the Network Manager to provide students and staff with reliable IT support. In addition, assisting other schools in the network through regular visits, long-term visits, emails, and telephone calls.
- Day-to-day use of a helpdesk system, including assessing issues and prioritising requests in order of importance.
- Supporting the Network Manager in the school network's day-to-day running.
- Management of all IT equipment.
- User accounts creation, password changes and deleting users.
- Blocking and unblocking websites as needed.
- Creating reports on internet usage when requested.
- Carry out routine maintenance on workstations and laptops, fault finding and resolution.
- Maintain, diagnose and resolve issues in the schools' iMac suites.
- When necessary, assist with laptop hardware and software problems
- Resolving software or device issues when they arise.
- Configure and deploy networking switches around the school and replace them when needed.
- Create and maintain servers in a virtual environment using servers 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Experience working within a school environment
- Senior IT support experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish the problem and explain the solution.
- Passion for IT
- Logical thinker
- The ability to work well in a team
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.