10 Dec IT Engineer
We are searching for a skilled IT engineer to join an amazing group of schools in South West London. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in delivering the schools' IT systems and implementing their IT strategies and visions.
As the school's new IT Engineer, you will be supporting and managing all aspects of the school's computer infrastructure & connected devices. You will work as part of a team of 3, reporting to the IT Manager.
● In charge of the day-to-day operation of the IT system across all sites, including any problems escalated by the help desk
● The responsibility of managing and maintaining the IT infrastructure consisting of a mix of Windows/Apple PCs, iPads, Cloud and On-Prem systems and storage devices, Cisco network switches, Wi-Fi Access Points, Desk Phones and CCTV.
● Responsible for school systems: MDMs (Jamf/Meraki/Intune and Apple School Manager), Cloud Print System, MS Teams phone system, the school MIS (iSAMS), AV system and School Events.
● Supporting contacts on software and licenses.
● Maintaining, developing and managing, IT security and compliance policies.
● Providing end-user support and training regarding IT software, systems, and processes to users in-person and remotely. Ensure our end-users are kept up to date as and when issues arise.
● Education sector Experience.
● Experience as 1st/2nd level IT engineer/system administrator.
● Strong knowledge of MDM and App Deployment such as Jamf School, Meraki and inTune.
● Knowledge of PowerShell.
● Networking knowledge - TCP/IP, DNS, VLAN, VPN, SSL & IPSec.
● Web hosting knowledge – SharePoint, Domains.
● Experience in managing Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Azure, Active Directory.
● Windows server infrastructure and network services knowledge.
● Security – Firewall, AV, Web Filters, Security policies.
● Experience with Microsoft Teams, VOIP Comms and other telephony beneficial.
● Organisational skills
● Proactive attitude
● Strong communication skills
● Passion for all things IT
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.