19 Oct IT Manager
Are you an IT Manager with in-depth experience across various platforms and systems? Do you excel in operational delivery and people management? If yes, we have an opportunity with a prestigious Independent School based in West London that is offering a competitive salary of circa £45,000, depending on experience. This role is key in embedding policies, procedures, and operational excellence across the school's IT landscape.
- 33 days of annual leave, rising to 38 days after five years of service
- Commitment to staff training and skill development
- Dynamic work environment in a reputable educational institution
As the IT Manager, you'll be responsible for overseeing the operational delivery of IT across the school, from providing high-level technical support to managing the front-line IT helpdesk and line managing a team of IT Technicians.
- Service Management activities: Manage the IT helpdesk in accordance with ITIL guidelines, deliver operational excellence, and ensure high levels of customer focus.
- Planning Activities: Assist in project delivery, support the Director of IT with budgets, and coordinate local IT projects.
- Team Operational Management activities: Line manage IT Technicians, deliver team training, and create resource plans for service delivery.
- Technical Activities: Provide technical guidance on various platforms and systems such as Apple, Windows, Google, MDM, Networks, and more.
- Previous experience working in a technical position within a school.
- Excellent and up-to-date knowledge of Apple hardware, software, and technologies.
- Extensive experience in managing an IT Service Desk and ticket escalation systems.
- Expert experience in Office 365, Google Admin, and a wide array of IT software and hardware.
- Willingness to undergo appropriate security and safeguarding checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex information to non-specialists
- A team player who works well with various departments within the organisation
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be delighted to chat with you about this role in more detail.