07 Jun 2nd Line Support Desk Engineer
Join this expanding service desk team as their new 2nd Line Support Desk Engineer within an IT service provider. This successful company works predominantly in the education sector and also has a growing corporate customer base. The position is based in Nottingham and will be hybrid, meaning you will work two days in the office and three days remote with a salary of £30,000 plus great benefits!
You will be working within a team that offers IT support to customers and the internal staff. This will have you undertaking several different tasks, for example, logging and resolving tickets, keeping customers happy & updated and escalating tickets to the relevant departments.
- Assisting customers and internal employees with IT issues.
- Working hand in hand with the senior IT engineers to ensure more complex issues are resolved efficiently.
- Ensuring all issues are logged correctly on the support desk ticketing system.
- Working with the internal sales team to put forward sales opportunities.
- Building close working relationships with manufacturers to ensure hardware support and replacements run smoothly.
- Working with a variety of different IT systems, for example - Windows Server & Hyper-V VMs – Server 2016, 2019, 2022, Windows 10/11 Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP & Group Policy, Office 365 – Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint & Teams, Azure AD Connect (AADConnect), Smartboards, Touchscreens and Digital Projectors.
- Experience working in a similar role, preferably within the education sector.
- Knowledge of applications and services from the Education sector.
- Excellent knowledge of educational hardware - Smartboards, Touchscreens and Digital Projectors.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in software installation.
- Problem Solver.
- Passion for IT.
- Effective communication.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.