21 Jul IT Engineer (Contract)
Are you enthusiastic about providing IT support services and thrive in a customer-focused environment where your technical expertise can create a real impact? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Our client is seeking a skilled IT Engineer to join their team in a long-term contract role with a competitive day rate based in North London!
As an IT Engineer, you will play a crucial role in supporting the IT infrastructure within schools while ensuring exceptional customer service delivery.
- Swiftly and efficiently respond to customer requests by visiting school sites.
- Offer second-line technical support, ensuring the smooth installation and maintenance of system software.
- Strive to meet and surpass performance targets and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provide specialised technical support in areas such as networks, servers, information integration, security controls, and web solutions.
- Deliver technical services both remotely and on-site while ensuring the security and integrity of customer data.
- Cultivate strong customer relationships by engaging with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage change control documentation and take ownership of service incidents until resolution, escalating when necessary.
- Occasionally provide first-line support, including user account administration, Active Directory support, software usage, compliance, ICT procurement, and data recovery.
- Offer statistical data and pertinent information for performance reports and management insights.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technical knowledge and industry trends.
- Identify, register, and categorise incidents following established procedures.
- Respond to a wide range of service requests, providing information and facilitating resolutions.
- Conduct initial investigations and diagnosis, promptly escalating unresolved incidents and problems as required.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of hardware and software configurations.
- Contribute to the creation of comprehensive support documentation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Prior experience in IT support within schools is desirable.
- Proficient understanding of IT/IS infrastructure, operating systems, configurations, and IT applications and service processes.
- Familiarity with incident management tools and their applications.
- Knowledge of service level agreements (SLAs) and their relationship with OLAs and underpinning contracts.
- Awareness of risk management, business impact analysis, countermeasures, and contingency arrangements related to IT service disruption.
- Understanding of corporate, industry, and professional standards, policies, regulations, compliance, and codes of conduct associated with the role.
- A proactive and agile mindset, with a strong ability to adapt to different situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the capacity to think on your feet.
- Exceptional communication skills to interact effectively with customers and team members.
- Detail-oriented and well-organised, ensuring accurate record-keeping and documentation.
- A passion for making a difference in the education sector through your IT expertise.
Want to know more?
As a specialist IT recruitment agency at GreatFind Recruitment, we genuinely care about our candidates and clients. We strive to provide a personalised and consultative service, and we would be more than happy to chat with you about this role in more detail.